Friday, December 23, 2016

Greeting - Basic


here are many ways to greet someone.  We'll learn about the most common way to greet someone in this lesson.  I'll give a variety of example sentences.


Greeting someone you never met:
"Hi, my name is Steve.  It's nice to meet you."
You can respond to this by saying,
"It's a pleasure to meet you.  I'm Jack."

Another common question to ask is

"What do you do for a living?"

You can respond to this by saying, 

"I work at a restaurant."
"I work at a bank."
"I work in a software company."
"I'm a dentist."

Usually, you will not need to ask for a name.  It is implied that each person should say their name.  But in case they don't, you can ask, 

"What is your name?"

Many times, I don't hear the name.  If you would like for them to repeat their name, you can say,

"What was that again?"
"Excuse me?"
"Pardon me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment